2011 Fall New York Fashion Week: Steven Alan
Steven Alan knows what the everyday girl wants for Fall 2011: classic cool pieces, comfy layers, and fun prints. His presentation gave us a cozy (and much-needed) rush thanks to the assortment of preppy with a twist looks. Crewneck sweaters layered with button-up shirts, velvet skirts, floral trousers, oversized blazer coats, and even chambray overalls made the cut, alluding to a fresh throwback vibe. His color wheel was all classic Fall choices, while small dot prints, and our favorite, a bold multicolored horizontal stripe pattern, added dimension to the collection.
- Trends: Longer hemlines, velvet separates, layering pieces, and boxy blazer coats.
- Colors: Wine, hunter green, bright blue, oatmeal, plum.
- Key Look: A bold multicolored horizontal stripe wool blazer coat.
- Accessories: Crushable floppy fedora hats, wedge and lace-up boots, ribbed tights, slouchy beanies, and small cross-body bags.
- Who Would Wear It: Chic prepsters looking for a cool twist on their everyday look.