2011 Fall Paris Fashion Week: Elie Saab
Elie Saab, a favorite of high-wattage celebs like Halle Berry, showed a polished collection of daywear before wowing us with his evening dresses. It seemed designed to appeal to a wide variety of ladies — there were skinny pants and tunics for the minimalist, peplum jackets for the retro feminine gal, and draped jersey cocktail dresses for the '70s fan. Even the colors were varied; rather than sticking to a neutral palette or all jewel tones, he balanced it out. The evening dresses were sleek, cut close to the body with draping and ruching, and the red-carpet looks were delivered beaded, and even some with thigh-high slits up the leg. Overall it was a crowd-pleaser, full of pretty clothes for pretty women.
- Trends: Ladylike polish, peplum, minimalism.
- Colors: Siren red, neutrals, burgundy, black, nude.
- Key Looks: The sparkly beaded evening gowns.
- Accessories: Belts on dresses, cool minimalist cuff neck pieces.
- Who Would Wear It: Women with red-carpet obligations.