Ferragamo Fall 2012
Strength and seduction ruled Ferragamo's Fall 2012 collection, both in its tailoring and sensuous color palette, and we have creative director Massimiliano Giornetti's fascination with Czarist Russia to credit. Specifically, the designer focused on the gilded elite from two distinct views, as seen in the strict, clean lines of the military-inspired silhouette and in the softer, sheer fabrics of the delicate lace dresses. In marrying the two ideas, we saw an interesting, albeit ultra-elegant, juxtaposition of pretty plum and mauve-hued frocks styled up with structured outerwear, diaphanous gowns paired with tough leather accessories, and opulently embroidered sweaters teamed up with long, luxe sergeant coats. At the heart of it all, though, the Fall '12 lineup was an excellent showcase of romantic, ladylike pieces, each perfectly adorned with equally charming chokers, velvet boots, and bright gold buttons. See more Ferragamo details below.
- Trends: Opulent sheer lace, velvet accents, military-inspired outerwear, peasant tops, and a modified paisley print.
- Colors: Plum, mauve, gold, metallic silver, charcoal gray, and black.
- Key Piece: The sheer lace peasant-inspired dresses; the strong trench coat silhouette.
- Accessories: Wide chain belts, lace-up heels, flower-adorned chokers, super structured saddle bags and clutches, and luxe velvet boots.
- Who Would Wear It: Ladies who exude a double-edged femininity — one that's both strong and soft — like Zoe Saldana and Angelina Jolie.