Giambattista Valli Spring 2013
For Giambattista Valli's Spring '13 collection, the designer showed off his impeccable tailoring skills through a mix of gorgeous embellished dresses and more modern separates, ultimately providing options for the woman who takes her day from the office to cocktail parties. For daywear, Valli highlighted clean cut separates - ankle crop trousers paired with chic vests, tailored jumpsuits, wrap skirts, and peplum blazers - emoting a minimal, yet elegant effect. Meanwhile, the designer showed a more risqué approach with his array of sheer dresses leaving quite little to the imagination. Some of them featured a thick hemline while others showed gorgeous floral appliqué embroidery. We especially loved the sheer white sheath dresses cinched in with a matching slim leather belt. More details from the collection below.
- Trends: Sheer layers, crop tops, peplum.
- Colors: White. red, gray, black, pale yellow, gold.
- Key Piece: The sheer floral embellished dresses were gorgeous.
- Accessories: Metallic point-toe pumps, leather clutches, modern metallic cuffs and necklaces.
- Who Should Wear It: Who's looking for ladylike looks with a twist? Jessica Biel, Zoe Saldana, and Emma Stone come to mind.