Riccardo Tisci's Spring '12 collection for Givenchy drew upon oceanic influences in a modern, unexpected way showing eel skin, sequins, shark tooth necklaces, and clothing cut to look as if they'd grown a fin. There were no prints like there were for Fall; rather, the focus was on texture and cut, delivered on top supermodels like Gisele, Natalia Vodianova, and Karolina Kurkova. Sharp, sexy suiting played a big role in the collection for Tisci showing a varied mix with scuba-like pants paired with sleeveless blazers, peplum jackets, and dramatic statement blouses made to look like gorgeous underwater fins. Exotic skins such as eel, shark, or stingray further played into the underwater theme. For eveningwear, Tisci created dazzle with head-to-toe metallic sequined suit sets and dresses fit for any jet-setting, party-hopping queen. Read more details from the collection below.
- Trends: Sexy suiting, peplum, short shorts, sequin/shimmer.
- Colors: Off white, olive green, black, light pink.
- Key Look: The head-to-toe sequined looks and the exotic skin embellished dresses and skirts.
- Accessories: Sexy ankle strap sandals, chain waist bags, small metallic clutches, skinny leather belts, oversized shark tooth necklaces.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave edge with a soft touch like Diane Kruger and Kate Bosworth.