Haider Ackermann Spring 2013
Haider Ackermann's Spring '13 collection was tinged with traditional Japanese origami influences, and kept in a moody color palette of black, grays, and browns. Ackermann's signature expert tailoring and love for layering really shone through — airy silk polka-dot print blouses were draped off the shoulder and topped with louche silk bed jackets, while low-cut tops and leather bandeaus got a jolt from tweedy jackets cinched at the waist with wide obi-style belts. Pants were either kept perfectly lean and cigarette-style or languid and pooling at the ankles. Gowns — yes, gowns — and slipdresses were presented over skinny trousers, adding fuel to the fire that is Spring 2013's dress-over-pants trend. Overall, Haider Ackermann's Spring 2013 collection was a darkly romantic tale of boy-meets-girl styling and East-meets-West sensibilities.
- Trends: Polka dots, origami, bed jackets, layering.
- Colors: Black, bronze, white, brown, navy, plum.
- Key Piece: The open polka-dot blouse with tweed pants and printed silk robe.
- Accessories: Leather cage wedges, wide waist belts, slim Y-necklaces.
- Who Should Wear It: Penelope Cruz, Victoria Beckham, and Haider Ackermann devotee Tilda Swinton.