Pick up the November issue of Harper's Bazaar and you'll soon realize that one of the greatest fashion magazines, started in 1867, is celebrating it's big 1-4-0! In a world so fickle, lasting that long in any industry is not easy. So let's put our hands together, clear our throats, and sing one of our favorite mags a happy birthday.
In celebration, this month's issue features quotes from the most influential designers today. They were asked former Bazaar columnist Diana Vreeland's famous question, "Why don't you?" and here's what some had to say...
- "Why don't you have a different pair of fabulous heels for each day of the week? Especially on the weekends!" - Donatella Versace
- "Why don't you break your limit of conventions and dress yourself over-the-top passionately? - Olivier Theyskens, Nina Ricci
- "Why don't you wear a short dress to a black-tie gala?" - Alber Elbaz, Lanvin
- "Why don't you belt your boyfriend's shirt and wear it as a dress?" - Ralph Lauren
- "Why don't you step out in playful polka dots? - Oscar De La Renta
To see more gorgeous Bazaar covers,