Helmut Lang Fall 2012
For Fall '12, Nicole and Michael Colovos showed off their signature modern architectural style for Helmut Lang, highlighting a sleek and sumptuous array of tried and true favorites like leather and fur funnel-neck jackets, shiny treated skinny pants, and asymmetric draped dresses — all of which were paired with sexy thigh-high boots and wedge ankle booties. However, there were some new components interspersed in the mix; psychedelic lava and branch patterns made their way onto draped dresses and skinny pants, and a new color, a rust red hue, was used on a luxurious laser-cut pony-hair jacket. More details from the collection below.
- Trends: Colored fur, asymmetric silhouettes, laser-cut details, bold prints.
- Colors: Rust red, black, off-white, olive green.
- Key Piece: The fur and leather funnel-neck jackets top our Fall must-haves list.
- Accessories: Leather and suede thigh-high boots and wedge ankle booties.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave sleek, modern pieces — like front-row attendee Leigh Lezark — Elizabeth Olsen, and Ciara.