ICB by Prabal Gurung Fall 2012
Prabal Gurung took the designing reins for International Concept Brand (ICB) this season, and we got to soak up the colorful benefits by way of the designer's digital fashion show presentation. The verdict? It's a cool blend of bold kaleidoscope-print dresses, tough-girl moto jackets, tuxedo-style blazers, ombré lace shirtdresses, and ultra-cool accessories. Translation: we want it all. Prabal's ICB girl is "witty and intelligent with an astute sense of the world"; this design ethos came through in gorgeous fluid fabrics, an overt juxtaposition of hard and soft styling, and, most of all, its affordable luxury appeal. "I didn't want to compromise on the quality, I want someone to look at this collection and feel really great. She [the ICB by Prabal Gurung girl] has innate good taste and this is a stepping stone to what I have to offer in my main collection," the designer said. The accessibility paired with impeccable tailoring, bright palette, and downtown-chic vibe make for a totally wearable lineup of looks, perfect for Fall '12 and beyond.
- Trends: Kaleidoscope-print silk dresses, tuxedo-style blazers, bold hues, and oversized capes.
- Colors: Colorful mixes of fuchsia, green, yellow, black, and red; ombré gradations.
- Key Piece: The juxtaposition of hard and soft across the board, but we can't get enough of the graphic-print dresses paired with tougher moto jackets.
- Accessories: Bright saddle bags, moto-inspired boots, and leather gloves.
- Who Would Wear It: Cool girls who prefer edgy accents à la Mila Kunis, Zoe Saldana, and Rooney Mara.