Isabel Marant Spring 2013
Isabel Marant has the cool, Parisian girl look down, and for Spring '13, the designer gave her collection, shown today in an old convent in the sixth arrondissement, a decidedly tropical slant. Described by the designer as a little bit of Elvis in Hawaii, '70s Saint-Tropez, and a little Brigitte Bardot and Jane Birkin, the energetic show (complete with an Elvis track playing in the background), started out with red-and-black Hawaiian floral prints splayed across one-shouldered wrap minidresses, short shorts, adorable cutout rompers, and straight-leg trousers paired with jeweled and studded sandals. Marant then dipped into more familiar territory with bohemian-meets-Western offerings via silk paisley-printed blouses, studded wrap miniskirts, sheer embellished tops, and tiered ruffle dresses. To counter the leg-baring lineup, Marant created perfectly cut low-slung trousers and a pair of amazing leather cropped pants decorated with antique gold studs. The mood was effortlessly cool, just like the designer herself, and we're sure all of the pretty young things will be lining up for a piece of it.
- Trends: Leather, embellishments, bold floral prints, sheer layers.
- Colors: Black, red, white, gold, pink, olive green.
- Key Piece: The floral-print, one-shoulder wrap minidress made us want to book a trip to the islands, stat.
- Accessories: Jeweled and studded ankle-wrap sandals, silver necklaces, stacked bracelets.
- Who Should Wear It: The ultimate It girl crowd — Kate Bosworth, Poppy Delevingne, and Miranda Kerr.