J.Crew Spring 2012
Hello, color! J.Crew presented a Spring collection that satisfied our want for all things bright, shiny, and printed, delivered with the brand's signature eclectic prep styling. Even Beyoncé stopped by to take in the citrusy brights, stripes, and covetable accessories. There was a little bit of tomboy, via slouchy chinos, paired of course with sparkly jackets or something sexy like leopard. Designer Marissa Webb cited style icon Francoise Hardy as inspiration for her ability to mix and match classic style pieces in a way that was unique. For us, we loved the fresh styling and the mix of casual and dressy elements. Taken apart, very little of J.Crew is fashion forward; its classic, basic sensibility is exactly what we love. Where J.Crew gets brilliant is the addition of bold accessories, and the brave, chic eye to mix it all up into something new.
- Trends: Tomboy, sequins, stripes, paisley prints, bold color.
- Colors: Neon green, turquoise, green, hot pink, fuchsia, navy, red, paisley prints.
- Key Piece: Sequin stripe skirt, sequin ivory jacket, a pair of wide-leg fuchsia pants.
- Accessories: Bold color bags, leopard heels.
- Who Would Wear It: Everyone wears J. Crew, don't they?