J.Crew Spring 2013
Bright colors, embellishments, and prints were in full effect at J.Crew's Spring presentation. Needless to say, we want every single piece. Head of women's design Tom Mora showed off the brand's usual penchant for bright colors, but this time added more dimension to the collection via strong embellishments and a mix of both bold and subdued patterns. The results? A mashup of perfectly styled looks like jacquard sheath dresses paired with neon yellow parkas, nautical pants with floral embellished oxford shirts, and green floral trouser with striped tees. There were also a heavy helping of shoes and adornments to fawn over — thick ankle-strap pumps, floral printed clutches, neon bags, colorful jeweled earrings, stacked bracelets are just a few of the highlights from their accessories lineup.
- Trends: Bold prints, neon, jacquard, embellishment, sportif.
- Colors: Citron, cobalt blue, pink, white, green, seafoam, navy.
- Key Piece: It's so hard to choose, but if we had to, the green floral print trousers – also worn by Jenna Lyons at the presentation — and striped tee combo.
- Accessories: Cap-toe pumps, floral printed pumps, leather ankle-strap pumps, neon and printed clutches and bags, geek glasses, statement jeweled earrings.
- Who Should Wear It: Who likes to mix and match prints? Solange Knowles, Alexa Chung, and Michelle Obama.