Jenny Packham Fall 2012
A smoky backdrop and a slinky red gown set the stage for Jenny Packham's '40s-inspired collection of sequined, curve-conscious evening wear. Once the mellow jazz kicked in, Packham's perfectly coiffed film noir girls hit the catwalk in a bevvy of the designer's era-infused shorter frocks — all with bow-tied red or black belts — hitting that pitch-perfect styling note between pretty and sexy. There are the softer confections in pretty pastel pink and blue — the gowns we suspect Packham fan Kate Middleton will gravitate toward — but the bulk of the collection is devoted to the more vixen-like beauty in body-clinging detail, plunging necklines, and open backs. There's an underlying sense of sex appeal and a definitively glam finish with every piece, thanks to intricate shoulder embellishment, a subtle flash of skin, or a pretty dose of sparkle.
- Trends: '40s glamour, cutouts, shoulder embellishment.
- Colors: Black, red, nude, silver, pastel pink and blue.
- Key Piece: We fell hard for the slinky gold-sequined gown.
- Accessories: Crisscross black Louboutin pumps; red and black belts.
- Who Would Wear It: Kate Middleton; red-carpet beauties with an eye for sexy silhouettes and pretty detail.