Clean lines. That's the first thing that came to mind when we laid eyes on Jil Sander's Spring 2013 collection. In the first collection since returning to her namesake line in February, Jil made sure to remind us of her signature crisp, pristine design aesthetic by offering up sharp A-line coats with billowing cocoon sleeves, tailored trousers and pencil skirts, and sleeveless dresses with oversize pockets — all in a rich color palette of black, white, blue, and maroon. Each look was deliberate in its simplicity, and even the embellished pieces — tulip skirts and an airy white dress — were done in a way that felt cool and special, not forced. Overall, Jil Sander's Spring '13 was a lesson in smooth graphic lines, and a celebration of the restrained elegance that the designer does so well.
- Trends: Cocoon-shaped sleeves, oversize pockets, A-line silhouettes, sharp v-necklines.
- Colors: Black, cobalt blue, white, maroon, red.
- Key Piece: The longline sleeveless dress with oversize pockets.
- Accessories: Two-tone boots, structured satchels, wide-waist belts.
- Who Should Wear It: Celebrities with an affinity for clean lines and unfussy silhouettes like Victoria Beckham, Tilda Swinton, and Nicole Kidman.