Jonathan Saunders Spring 2013
It seems as though Jonathan Saunders was inspired by peacocks, butterfly wings, or the inside of a shell for his Spring 2013 collection — the Scottish designer, who was the winner of Vogue's Fashion Fund award this year, showed a bevy of iridescent separates like pencil skirts and vests, while also incorporating the shimmery stuff into stripes and sheer panels. Jonathan's ladylike collection had a little something for everyone — for the woman who wants to look work-appropriate but give a little nod to her high-fashion sensibilities, there were tailored shifts, pencil skirts, and crisp jackets featuring an intriguing (iridescent) print that mimicked falling raindrops. For the city-chic cool girl that just wants to get street style snapped, we saw exposed bra tops with high-waisted skirts and slouchy windbreakers — almost calling to mind an '80s-era Members Only look.
- Trends: Stripes, ombré, iridescence, colorblocking, sheer, sequins.
- Colors: Red, black, white, silver, teal.
- Key Piece: The iridescent pencil skirt with knit top, silver shift dress with iridescent vest.
- Accessories: Patent leather cutout heels, oversize mirrored sunglasses.
- Who Should Wear It: Sartorially brave stars like Kate Bosworth, Katy Perry, and Sienna Miller.