Kanye West Spring 2012
Yes, you're reading correctly: Kanye West presented a Spring 2012 runway show at Paris Fashion Week. The rapper-cum-designer has been known for his dapper style choices, and he translated that into a collection of slick silhouettes, bandage dresses, fur, and draped tops that suggested a more sophisticated approach to blingin' it. If the pieces seemed more appropriate for a Fall collection — who is really thinking fur in Spring? — you have to appreciate the freshman effort. Speaking of appreciate, Kanye had major supporters in the front row: Azzedine Alaia, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, and Olivier Theyskens were among the design heavy hitters there to watch the show.
- Trends: fur, leather, sporty, layering, draping, sheer elements, metallics.
- Colors: white, black, nude, blush, metallics, cobalt.
- Key Piece: a minimalist black leather dress cut perfectly to model Jacquelyn Jablonski.
- Accessories: cream strappy heels that looked like they had fur detailing, strappy black shoes
- Who Would Wear It: edgy cool girls with sophisticated, luxe taste.