Humberto Leon and Carol Lim looked to the Southeast Asian jungles for inspiration, but the fully realized Spring '13 lineup was the kind of safari-inspired style that's more suited to the city. A punchy palette of orange and green was made all the more playful with oversize leopard spots (that start to look more like flowers than animal prints) and all-over abstract jungle prints. Of course, even if print isn't your thing, hear us out: they feel infinitely more contemporary worn with the line's cropped, safari-style jackets or tempered with buttery leather sleeves. And, if you're seeking something sexier, Kenzo answers with its off-the-shoulder dresses, bustier-style tops, and cinched waists.
- Trends: Animal-inspired prints and colorful jungle prints, jumpsuits, cutouts, vests, and safari-inspired silhouettes.
- Colors: White, yellow, orange, purple, blue, emerald and olive greens, and khaki.
- Key Piece: The orange printed pants and blouse topped with cropped olive jacket.
- Accessories: Oversize jewels, slouchy knee-high boots, structured satchels, strappy heels, and colored shades.
- Who Should Wear It: Gwen Stefani could pull off even the cutout look.