Lacoste Spring 2013
Touting Lacoste's 80th anniversary, Felipe Oliveira Baptista looked to the brand's archives to deliver a simultaneously crisp yet whimsical print-heavy collection for Spring '13. Vintage tennis racket prints were splattered across a variety of boxy collared tops, louche drawstring trousers, tank tops, and slim-fit polo shirtdresses, providing a cheeky yet tailored nod to the brand's roots. Keeping with the sport chic vibe, Baptista decked out his looks with fanny packs and even provided chic rubber-like tops and raincoats embellished with sharp, preppy collars. The sleekest pieces in the story were Baptista's leather selection; even with the iconic crocodile embossed detail, we'd love to slip into his leather navy wrap dress for our next cocktail party.
- Trends: Leather, oversized silhouettes, ponchos.
- Colors: Navy blue, powder blue, yellow, orange, red, gray, white.
- Key Piece: The navy blue leather wrap dress.
- Accessories: Fanny packs, crisscross leather sandals, tennis racket printed tote bags, leather satchels.
- Who Should Wear It: The modern prepster. Diane Kruger or Zoe Saldana would definitely dare to wear Baptista's polo dresses and boxier silhouettes.