You Can DIY Your Way to Lauren Conrad's Mermaid Costume
We've come to regard the crafty Lauren Conrad as something of an authority on Halloween costumes. If you've followed her Halloween getups over the past few years then you already know why. The reality-star-turned-designer and lifestyle blogger has years of clever costumes under her belt, but this year's might be the best yet — especially since she's showing us exactly how to DIY our own.
Lauren took to her website to unveil her mermaid costume for this weekend's festivities, and with the sneak peek gave us a step-by-step guide to getting the glamorous look all on our own. With 24 hours left till party time, this nine-step costume might be just the thing to turn your Halloween plans around. Get your DIY on when you scroll.
Here's what you will need:
- Two large scallop seashells
- Your choice of mixed seashells (Lauren recommends tiny starfish)
- Corset or strapless bra
- Shimmery green fabric with some stretch
- Dark green or turquoise sequined fabric
- Tulle in different shades of turquoise and blue
- Needle and thread
- Straight pins
- Hot glue gun
- A dress form (or a friend!)