Lela Rose Spring 2013
Perfectly girlie and just a little glam, Lela Rose even gave camo print a pretty makeover for Spring '13. Drawing inspiration from the contrasts in artist Jim Hodges's work, Rose worked her own juxtapositions (a recurring Spring theme) on the runway, delivering a set of polished separates with cooler, casual references throughout — not just in her feminine reimagining of camo print, but in easy silhouettes, like moto vests and shorts suits. From there, the collection gave way to more ladylike fare, showcasing Rose's expertise in crafting ladylike little dresses with cinched waists and pretty details. This time, she also delivered a new iteration of floral print — working the pattern like a frame onto dresses and matching tops and trousers, before the collection closed with a parade of embellished cocktail dresses, one more lovely than the next.
- Trends: Abstract camo-inspired prints, florals, peplum, summery tweed, shorts suits, silver embellishment, and one-shoulder dresses.
- Colors: Lavender and soft gray, citrus hues, black, white, and silver.
- Key Piece: The tweedy moto vest and shorts set; for evening, the black-strapped white and silver dress with a full skirt.
- Accessories: Ankle-strap heels.
- Who Should Wear It: The 20something crowd looking for a feminine, polished day-to-night wardrobe.