A fun way to spice up your wardrobe: Throw a swap party! That's right. It's a cool way to get the girls together and jazz up your fashion closet . . . especially if you are on a Closet Organization mission — like me.
Send an email invitation in advance to all of your besties giving them time to collect their items. Serve some appetizers and a signature cocktail. Everyone gets a chance to display their collection. You'll be moments away from a new look. Why stop there? You can also swap beauty items and your favorite books; sharing is caring. Be sure to be the hostess with the mostess and add a little party bag to go. Sephora has everything a girl can need to go in her little purse. You'll be sure to make your friends feel special.
To see how to set up a sweet fashion swap party,
To set up a Swap Party:
- Send an evite to your girlies in advance. To make sure you get the best swaps possible, you have to give your girls enough time to look through their closets. Try to send the invite 3-4 weeks in advance.
- Set some ground rules. When you send out the Evite, make sure to be clear what is acceptable to bring and what isn't. Some people have never been to a swap party, so be clear. No personal items (undies are a no-no), no items with rips or stains that can't be easily corrected. You get the gist.
- Set a minimum. Tell your girlies the minimum number of items they should bring. The goal is to have a nice selection so everyone goes home with a few items. 4-5 pieces are a good minimum.
- Variety Variety Variety. No group of girls are all the same size. And thank gosh they're not — snooze. So make sure to tell your girlies to bring a variety of items — clothing, jewelry, handbags, belts, etc. That way you guarantee everyone goes home with something.
- Pay it Forward. If you have items left over — and no one wants to claim them — no biggie, just drop them off at your local church or Goodwill. Someone out there needs it and will be grateful for it.
Here's to your next swap party and to new threads! Cheers!