Her understated hair was swept back, soft and natural looking, which I happen to think was the perfect way to complement her long neck and flawless face.
For those of you who want to recreate this look at home,
Although I don't know exactly what beauty products Cate was wearing last night, I do know that these are some of her favorite products that she uses to play up her perfect pale skin!
- Face: If you have fair skin like Cate, it's best to begin with an amazing concealer and a great foundation. Then add color carefully and sparingly. Try Face atelier Ultra Foundation in Ivory, $39. Apply it all over the face and apply it further down than normal so it covers your neck and chest. You want to be consistent when you are fair skinned so you don't have a line that distinguishes where your makeup begins and ends!
- Eyes: Next, sweep a hefty amount of bronze colored shadow all over the lid. Try Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Smog, $15. This is a deep copper bronze color that helps to enhance blue eyes. Then use a rich and highly pigmented gold color such as Amber Lights by MAC, $14, as a highlighter beneath the brow bone. Blend well. Next, line upper lashes with a black eyeliner and lightly line your lower lash line with the same liner. Apply two coats of lash building black mascara.
- Brows: For those of you with light hair and light eyebrows, you mustn't neglect your brows when doing red carpet makeup. They really are the framework of your face, so be sure and add just a little bit of color for definition. I like the new DuWop Browwow Kit in Lighter,$34, for a polished look.
- Cheeks: Using a soft blush brush, lightly dust your cheeks with a powder blush starting at the apples of your cheeks and sweeping the color along your cheekbones upward toward your ears. Try a color like Laura Mercier Cheek Color in Wild Bouquet, $22. This neutral brown color has a hint of rose in it to give warmth to a pale face.
- Lips: Last but not least are your lips! Make sure that your lips are hydrated and soft. Then line the outside of your lips with the infamous pink cinnamon colored Spice LipLiner by MAC, $12.50. Then fill the entirety of your lips in with the liner. Next, apply a pinky brown gloss such as Lust Lip Gloss by Lola Cosmetics, $16, to your lips with a lip brush to be sure that everything gets blended together well.