Louis Vuitton Fall 2012
Marc Jacobs pulled out all the stops for Louis Vuitton's Fall 2012 collection. The show kicked off with an actual custom-made train steamrolling its way onto the runway. When it came to a full stop, models stepped off (with cute little porters carrying their decadent LV luggage) wearing an array of ladylike silhouettes showcasing Marc Jacobs's signature whimsical touch. Similar to his namesake collection, Jacobs featured oversize silhouettes, but this time, with a more polished touch. Full structured skirts were styled over skinny trousers and fur-collared wool car coats were layered over printed dresses — all of which were styled with Jacobs's now signature oversize floppy hats. Opulent embellishments also came into play; dazzling jewels and ornate embroidery were adorned on an array of coats and suit sets. For evening wear, Jacobs closed out the show with a number of metallic-silver looks, highlighting slightly flared calf-length dresses paired with matching coats. More details from Louis Vuitton's magical collection below.
- Trends: Voluminous skirts, oversize coats, ornate embellishments, printed pantsuits.
- Colors: Black, camel, red, mustard yellow, blue, purple, green, silver.
- Key Piece: The jewel-embellished suits and coats immediately caught our eye..
- Accessories: Oversize floppy hats, square-toe platform oxfords and pumps, hair and monogrammed satchels, luggage bags.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who love whimsical ladylike looks, like front-row attendees Sarah Jessica Parker and Poppy Delevigne.