Marni designer Consuelo Castiglioni showed a world of colorblock, structured silhouettes, and small-scale prints for Fall 2012. '60s mod styling got a dose of Eastern influence on the runway — models were clad in bright shift dresses, trousers, and skirt suits, almost always topped with a boxy coat and cinched at the waist with wide leather belts. The designer also offered up slick coats in luxe exotic looks like python, patent leather, and plaid-print furs, which proved visually stunning alongside head-to-toe black and gold jacquard and floral-print ensembles. Hopefully, you haven't tired of the hosiery trend yet; white tights were layered under each look (even pants), then finished with Kabuki-style platform Mary Janes for a vaguely Oriental feel. Get the rest of the details below.
- Trends: Jacquard prints, colorblock, fur vests, white tights, boxy coats with oversize pockets.
- Colors: Red, black, gray, baby blue, camel.
- Key Piece: The sleek black python coat; the matching jacquard pantsuit.
- Accessories: Jeweled brooches, colorful sunglasses, structured satchels, metallic-toe heels, wide waist belts.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls with a retro-chic sensibility and a knack for playing with prints.