Moschino Fall 2012
It's always a rollicking good time to look at a Moschino show, and the Fall 2012 collection brings us a quirky mix of styles — military, ski, '60s — all filtered through the Moschino prism of color and indulgent detail. Short, flirty dresses were outfitted with feathers and abundant ruffles, capes and jackets were outfitted with military epaulettes, capes featured quilted fronts, and skirts were unabashedly mini — forget all the ladylike midi lengths we've been seeing on the runways elsewhere. Bright poppy colors on structured minis and coats harkened to the '60s. The Moschino lady is one who still loves dressing up the way she did in high school, stealing her chic mother's clothes and wearing them all at once in a jubilant mix. It's never too serious, which is why it continues to be so much fun.
- Trends: Military, ski, '60s, feathers, ruffles, quilting.
- Colors: Purple, royal blue, pink, red, yellow.
- Key Piece: The fun dresses — one in pink ruffles, the other in blue feathers — for a party, military jackets.
- Accessories: Patent-leather platform booties, quilted purses, and even really-cute fanny packs.
- Who Would Wear It: Katy Perry could rock this entire collection.