Nicholas K Fall 2012
Nancy Sinatra's epic "Bang Bang," set the mood for Nicholas Kunz's Fall Nicholas K collection. Inspired by the Taos artists in the '20s and '30s, Kunz imagined a line bursting with Western influence — we loved all of the cool Stetson-inspired hats — and a dash of deco. Fringe was heavily prevalent, making its way onto geometric leather jackets, sheer crochet dresses, and for a vintage touch, metallic fringed flapper dresses. For eveningwear, Kunz showed off her signature draping technique on a variety of gorgeous sexy bias-cut dresses and fluid tops. The outerwear category also shined: parka jackets came complete with inner straps (so the coat can hang just off the shoulders), structured leather jackets highlighted by luxe fur collars, and the closing look featured an undeniably slick black asymmetric leather and canvas zippered coat. More details below.
- Trends: Western influence, fringe, parka jackets, crochet detailing.
- Colors: Desert sand, gray, black, army green, sienna.
- Key Piece: We loved the simple yet sexy sheer asymmetric and draped dresses; outerwear showed amazing structural pieces.
- Accessories: Wedge platform boots, knee-high boots, leather harness vests, Western-inspired hats, turtle shell necklaces.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who like the utilitarian look with slight, modern edge.