Nicole Miller Spring 2013
In an epic display of opposites attracting, Nicole Miller crafted a Spring collection built upon a fashion contradictory of what she deemed "all of her good girl and all of her bad girl." To put it simply, the designer juxtaposed each look with an equal balance of rocker chick versus girlie, light versus dark, and soft versus tough. A sheer, floral peplum top wasn't complete without its acid-washed jeans counterpart, a pretty white sundress got the edged-up treatment with a leather jacket, and even the most delicate of fabrics came fraught with busy, digitally enhanced prints. With '80s surrealism as Nicole's primary print inspiration and her admitted penchant for "digital nature, sci-fi, and techno," you can expect a lineup exemplary of that edgy abstraction meeting art-world cool. Get your first look at Nicole Miller's Spring 2013 collection here.
- Trends: High-low hems, '80s-inspired digital prints, tough leather, and geometric accessories.
- Colors: Pink, blue, dusty brown, black, taupe, and gray.
- Key Piece: We can't resist a slick juxtaposition of leather and florals; thus, the flowy, flower-printed chiffon dress-and-leather jacket combo proved to be a standout.
- Accessories: Thick-frame sunglasses, geometric drop earrings, strappy metallic sandals, and caged sandals.
- Who Should Wear It: The youthful, edged-up spirit of this collection instantly make us think of Miley Cyrus, Shenae Grimes, and Emma Roberts; these starlets perfectly capture the carefree "good girl vs. bad girl vibe" we saw on the runway.