Oscar de la Renta Fall 2012
We can always count on Oscar de la Renta for red-carpet perfect dresses and the most elevated execution of ladylike wares, and this season was no exception to the rule. Marked by a definitive nod to the refined woman, Oscar upped his fantasy fashion quotient with a collection positively dripping in jewels. Teardrop-shaped pearl earrings, antique-inspired brooches, embellished sheaths, satin-and-diamante headbands, and even jewel-print graphics popped up on the runway. In addition to the dazzle factor, the designer honed in on updating his classic tweed jackets, perfectly tailored circle skirts, and "ladies who lunch" suits for both the younger, daring crew and the more sophisticated set. He adorned dresses with long pastel-hued feathers, added long, chunky cable-knit cardigans for a casual feel, and polished off looks with bejeweled leather belts. And as any fairy-tale show must end, Oscar delivered stunning, princess-worthy, or in this case — Academy Awards-worthy — ball gowns. These frothy, ethereal creations boasted full skirts, slightly drawn up in front like theater curtains, and off-the-shoulder necklines, and of course, they have "A-list" written all over them. See below for more Oscar de la Renta details.
- Trends: Jewel embellishments, brooches, refined suits, and fairy-tale gowns.
- Colors: Soft pink, powder blue, red, and black.
- Key Piece: The voluminous jaw-dropping ball gowns in both slate blue and muted pink — chances are, we'll be seeing these confections on the red carpet very soon.
- Accessories: Teardrop-shaped pearl earrings, antique-inspired brooches, fishnet stockings, velvet bow tie shoes, and satin-and-diamante headbands.
- Who Would Wear It: Oscar de la Renta's arsenal of loyal fans, like Sarah Jessica Parker, Jessica Chastain, and Anna Wintour.