Peter Pilotto Spring 2013
Peter Pilotto's Spring 2013 collection was nothing short of a sensory overload — in the best way possible. Designing duo Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos held nothing back as they sent down models decked out in bold, digitized prints splashed on an array of peplum-infused tops and jackets, skinny trousers, and cutout dresses. If you look closely, you can see that not only was it about the print-on-print-on-print, Pilotto and De Vos injected even more dimension into their looks with textural beaded embroidery, as seen on a magnificent black-and-blue embellished fit-and-flare gown. Silhouettes were also dramatic, some showing high-slit hemlines, others highlighting the popular pouf sleeve we've been spotting in many Spring '13 collections. Also of note were the amazing, psychedelic-printed lace-up Nicholas Kirkwood sandals that finished off every look. For Pilotto and De Vos, it was modern eccentric glamour at its best — and we loved every bit of it.
- Trends: Peplums, digital prints, embellishments, flared sleeves.
- Colors: Red, blue, lime green, white, yellow, black, green.
- Key Piece: We can't wait to see the blue-and-black embroidered flared dress on the red carpet.
- Accessories: Embellished, multicolored lace-up sandals made in collaboration with Nicholas Kirkwood.
- Who Should Wear It: Who revels in bold silhouettes and prints? Red carpet A-listers like Emma Watson and Kate Bosworth.