Peter Som Spring 2013
Take extreme girliness, toss it with some rebellious elements, and what you get is Peter Som Spring 2013. Think feminine dressing with a playful wink — skirts had big asymmetric ruffles, delicate orchid-print shorts (note: these were part of a collaboration done with Earnest Sewn) were made oversized and slouchy, lace was turned into t-shirts, and a pretty pink dress had multiple straps that crisscrossed each other in an act of controlled chaos. The models sported colorful streaks of pink, blue, and green in their hair, giving more juice to the rebellious theme. Lingerie, a big trend emerging at New York Fashion Week, continued here in the form of '50s bustier tops. It was a vibrant show that started heavy on the floral prints, but halfway through the show leopard, graphic '60s prints, and lace bombed in, making for carefully mismatched outfits street stylers will love. It was a playful show that seemed perfectly attuned to young style setters like Hailee Steinfeld, who watched raptly from the front row.
- Trends: Bustiers, florals, jacquard, metallic, leopard, mixed prints.
- Colors: Avocado, orange, chartreuse, gold, pink, mint, bold blue.
- Key Piece: The corded lace tees, oversized floral shorts, and fabulous leopard metallic pants.
- Accessories: Tabitha Simmons created the pretty metallic ankle-strap heels.
- Who Should Wear It: Hailee Steinfeld and Girls star Allison Williams sat front row, and both would look amazing in the pretty tees and shorts.