2011 Fall Paris Fashion Week: Stella McCartney
As always, it was a family affair at Stella McCartney this morning as even Natalia Vodianova brought her children to the front row. The show notes stated, "to all my babies, husband, family and team. They rule!" It was a typical McCartney collection with sharp tailoring and glamorous yet fun party dresses. The colour palette was minimal using monochrome with the occasional blue and gold pieces (similar to Gareth Pugh). There were sheer trompe d'oeil aspects giving a sensual edge and applique paillettes. The whole collection felt more grown up than previous seasons with edgy elements including rigid shapes, voluminous dresses, and dropped shoulders.
- Trends: Sharp tailoring, monochrome, voluminous silhouette.
- Colours: White, black, blue, and gold.
- Key Looks: Little black cocktail dress with trompe d'oeil cutout detail.
- Accessories: Loafers, ankle boots, and sleek clutches.
- Who Would Wear It: Glamorous women who like to play with silhouette.