Prada Fall 2012
From the moment we laid eyes on the purple geometric-designed carpet-cum-catwalk, we knew Miuccia Prada would imbue the Fall 2012 collection with her signature brand of retro quirk and clean lines. Indeed, it was a flurry of bright clashing prints (of all shapes and sizes), bejeweled wares, and ombre dip-dyed hair. The mosaic-like psychedelic prints came a dime a dozen, in bold burnt oranges, purples, and mustard yellows, and were transferred onto crisp suits, long coats (some even with coattails), button-downs, and dresses. When we weren't hypnotized by the plethora of colorful hexagonal patterns, we paid close attention to the intricate detailing given to each look. Long, luxe black coats were adorned with opulent jewel embellishments both on the collar and down the front lapel; similarly, the hems of cropped tailored pants received the same bedazzled treatment. As for the accessories? Models donned sky-high Mary Janes, complete with red rubber soles, carried slick tote bags that reminded us of old-school doctor bags, and wore futuristic aviator-meets-retro round sunglasses. Simply put, Miuccia's Fall lineup was a vibrant play on prints, sparkle, and tailored proportions.
- Trends: Bejeweled hemlines and collars, dresses-over-pants, belted outerwear, and bold clashing prints.
- Colors: Purple, blue, burnt orange, mustard yellow, and black.
- Key Piece: The long, luxe, belted black coats, with rich embellishing both on the collar and down the front.
- Accessories: Sky-high Mary Janes (complete with red rubber soles), oversized doctor-inspired totes, and futuristic aviator-meets-retro round sunglasses.
- Who Would Wear It: The girl who loves color and a clean silhouette, like Michelle Williams, Zooey Deschanel, and Chloe Moretz.