Prada Spring 2013
Miuccia Prada looked to Japan for Prada's Spring '13 collection — and the results were magically quirky. While last Spring's offerings were all about bright, '50-inspired floral prints, Miuccia flipped the switch this season, showing a color palette that consisted mostly of black, white, and red. The show opened up with structured silk box jackets, adorned with either a single floral print or appliqué, paired with sharp skirts — and leave it to the designer to pair all of her ensembles with metallic leather sock shoes or block platforms. The designer also showcased some covetable tops and statement coats; knits with pretty floral embellishments and short sleeve fur tops and coats decorated with bright red floral prints. Dresses ranged from flattering sheath silhouettes to more elaborate pleated renditions. Quirky indeed, but we can already imagine the long line of admirers — like Kirsten Dunst and Alexa Chung — waiting to get a piece of it for their next red-carpet appearance.
- Trends: Origami folds, bold florals, boxy jackets.
- Colors: Black, white, red, green, navy.
- Key Piece: We loved the navy, floral embellished top.
- Accessories: Metallic leather sock shoes, structured floral bags, embellished glasses, block platforms.
- Who Should Wear It: Who's quirky? Kirsten Dunst, Poppy Delevingne, and Alexa Chung.