Rag & Bone Spring 2013
It was a hot and sticky day at Rag & Bone's Spring '13 show, but David Neville and Marcus Wainwright did everything to keep their patrons happy, supplying everyone with ice cream or an ice-cold beer in hand — and deejaying from Radiohead's Thom Yorke and Nigel Godrich. But it wasn't the extras that got us going; Neville and Wainwright captured the crowd's undivided attention with an explosion of modern, sportif greatness. Denim, striped or adorned with sweet, feminine lace, tempered leather shorts, vests, and pants. Silky and crisp tops were paired with long relaxed shorts or biker pants honing in on the designers' athletic mood. Almost every look was topped off with great outerwear — whether worn alone à la Karlie Kloss's closing coral poncho number or with separates — ranging from structured black satin trench coats to quilted aviator jackets, and the highlight of the evening, a neon-green bomber sure to make it on every girl's Spring wish list.
- Trends: Sporty details, denim, leather, fit and flare dresses.
- Colors: White, denim, bright blue, coral, neon green.
- Key Piece: The slick neon-green bomber will be on everyone's Spring must-have list.
- Accessories: Platform wedges, stacked slingback sandals, leather clutches, canvas satchel bags, sporty sunglasses.
- Who Should Wear It: Any girl craving a little urban cool in their life, as witnessed by front-row attendees like Maggie Gyllenhaal, Hailee Steinfeld, Gabrielle Union, and Christy Turlington.