Rag & Bone Fall 2012
Rag & Bone's Fall runway show took place on a chilly evening at Pier 57, but everyone seemed to forget the brisk draft once David Neville and Marcus Wainwright started the show. "Think about a country house and all the things you might find in it," said Wainwright when describing the collection. Layering was key in the duo's vision; ikat printed dresses, wool jodhpurs, tapestry floral suiting, fur vests, and blanket striped wraps were smartly piled on top of one another, creating a luxe, textured feel without going overboard. Meanwhile, sharp tailored coats, blazers, precision-cut suit sets, and a continuous theme of leather touches tempered the varied mix, injecting a sharp, modern feel across the board. For accessories, Neville and Wainwright created more covetable must haves, supplying die-hard fans with a lineup of lace-up boots and stacked platform loafers. The closer? House of Pain's "Jump Around," which pretty much sums up the evening's exciting showing.
- Trends: Blanket stripes, asymmetric wrap skirts, jodhpurs, suiting.
- Colors: Copper, gray, blue, burgundy, black, red.
- Key Piece: The multicolored blanket striped blazers and wraps sit high on our lust list.
- Accessories: Lace-up and tweed ankle boots, stacked platform loafers, leather gloves, classic brown leather belts, satchel bags.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave texture and modernity like Taylor Tomasi Hill and Hanneli Mustaparta.