Rebecca Minkoff Fall 2012
While Theophilus London serenaded the crowd (and Olivia Palermo jammed along to the beat), Minkoff's catwalkers hit the runway boasting an insanely cool crop of Fall looks. Bold in every sense, the collection delivered a confident mix of prints, sequins glamming up easy separates, and no shortage of megawatt color. She succeeds in delivering the "fearless and unfettered" — but it's not without a dose of the designer's quintessential wearability. There's an effortlessness to it all; Minkoff makes you believe pulling off a shinning emerald suit is just as easy as it looks.
- Trends: Jewel tones, snake print, sequins, leather.
- Colors: Burgundy, black; bold blue, yellow, poppy-red, orange, and purple abstract prints.
- Key Piece: We're taken with the shimmering emerald suit and body-con knit dresses.
- Accessories: Strappy cutout metallic ankle boots, black booties; Minkoff's signature clutches, satchels, and chain-strap bags.
- Who Would Wear It: The downtown girl with an affinity for the perfect statement piece; front-rower Olivia Palermo.