Inspired by the idea of "handsome femininity," Richard Chai showed a Fall collection that was simultaneously simple, yet statement-making. “I didn’t want to do anything that was tricky,” Chai told The New York Times. “I didn’t want to create looks that were just for the show. I wanted it to be approachable and believable, but also be really aspirational. At the end of the day, it’s pieces that I want people to wear.” Chai's boy-meets-girl vision was interpreted into gorgeous slim-fit striped trousers, structured oversized blazers and coats, cozy knits, blanket-stripe coats, and moody florals. The latter was cut into diaphanous sheer skirts, corduroy pants, and jackets, adding a feminine streak to his city-slicker style. Furthermore, his outerwear was something to contend with; Chai's selection of oversized structured jackets and coats were perfectly tailored and ideal for topping off just about any Fall look.
- Trends: Menswear, painterly florals, blanket stripes, boxy blazers and coats.
- Colors: Dark red, pinks, gray, black, navy blue, brown.
- Key Piece: We loved the multi-colored blanket-stripe dress and trousers.
- Accessories: Black ankle booties and lace-up boots.
- Who Would Wear It: Downtown girls looking to add a menswear-inspired touch to their look, like Olivia Palermo.