Richard Chai Love Spring 2013
Richard Chai's Spring '13 collection was proof that the sport chic trend is here to stay and with that, you need a toned body to wear the designer's body-con pieces. A slew of pastel printed and colorblocked dresses were juxtaposed against cutout details, zipper embellishments, and racerback details injecting an athletic touch to every look. Anoraks were made in every rendition, from soft and silky powder blue jackets to more structured denim. While daywear concentrated on light and airy hues, Chai turned up the volume with his evening options where dresses and separates were dripped in gold lamé, sequins, and multicolored jeweled embellishments. We can already picture young Hollywood lining up for the party-perfect digital print dress adorned with metallic details.
- Trends: Sport chic, cutout dresses, colorblock, digital prints.
- Colors: Powder blue, lavender, citron, white, denim, black, beige.
- Key Piece: The silk printed digital gingham dress immediately caught our attention.
- Accessories: Lace-up wedges.
- Who Should Wear It: To wear this collection with confidence, toned shoulders are a must. Gwyneth Paltrow and Zoe Saldana would look hot in Chai's sporty, racerback dresses.