See by Chloé Fall 2012
For its Fall 2012 collection, See by Chloé presented its first runway show in Paris today, and being the modern line that it is, it did the presentation digitally, showing on the Chloé website this morning. It was a collection meant to be seen in movement, as the opening looks were all about flow — diaphanous fabrics cut into draped tops, silky pants, and soft dresses that fluttered on the models. Ideal Spring dresses now, they make for a soft contrast later with Winter knits and coats. It was all about effortless chic — a pert peacoat was done in rusty wide wale cord and worn over a bodysuit; a black asymmetric skirt was paired with a superbly cut black blazer. Blouson sleeves returned, a romantic touch on casually draped tops and dresses. It's a collection you can build a wardrobe on, and that's exactly the point of Chloé's little sister line, no?
- Trends: Draped silks, slouchy pants, blouson sleeves, wide wale corduroy
- Colors: Lime green, olive green, red, black, white, taupe.
- Key Piece: Any of the draped dresses, tops, and silky pants; the rust peacoat.
- Accessories: Pointy-toe booties; small bowling bags.
- Who Would Wear It: The cool downtown girl — you know this fills the closets of women like Rachel Bilson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Alexa Chung.