Sophie Theallet Spring 2013
It was all about sweet layering for Sophie Theallet's Spring '13 collection. The show opened with a fine-knit top styled under a sheer dress, setting the tone for a sophisticated, retro-inspired collection — with a youthful twist. It was all in the details as silk organza skirts with frayed seams caught the light on the runway revealing pretty printed slips. The array of beautifully cut dresses were dipped in vibrant shades of blue, red, orange, green, and purple, while more subdued cocktail dresses were reinvented with Theallet's artful use of prints. The show closed out with gorgeous, flowy dresses — the dragonfly printed gown received crowd gasps and a flurry of photo snaps — billowing down the runway. Indeed, Theallet presented what surely will become a new way to look at the traditional classics.
- Trends: Layers, sheer details, vibrant colors, printed dresses.
- Colors: Vibrant blue, yellow, red, orange, green, purple, fuchsia.
- Key Piece: The dragonfly printed dress with a thigh-high slip was so dramatic.
- Accessories: Vibrant, T-strap heels, strappy sandals.
- Who Should Wear It: Ladies looking for classic, flattering silhouettes with a colorful punch of personality like First Lady Michelle Obama.
Additional reporting by Robert Khederian