Stella McCartney Spring 2012
We always count on Stella McCartney to give us something new and refreshing and her latest Spring '12 collection did just that. With a star-studded front row attendance — including her father Paul McCartney, Twiggy, Salma Hayek, and Rachel Zoe to name a few – Stella showed a sporty collection highlighting chic mesh-detailed dresses, louche suiting, and strong prints. However, it was far from busy thanks to minimal silhouettes via easy slip dresses, structured oversized jackets, and louche trousers and shorts. In place of last season's highly covetable dot prints, McCartney created swirl, paisley, and vintage graphic patterns splashed across pajama-inspired pant suits and red-carpet worthy bodycon printed frocks. We especially loved the ones featuring the cool swirl-embellished hemlines. Another hit for Stella? We think so. Check out more details from the amazing collection below.
- Trends: Mesh details, pajama-inspired pieces, wrap dresses, louche suiting.
- Colors: Blue, white, red, green, gray.
- Key Look: The printed and mesh minidresses.
- Accessories: Strappy nude sandals and chunky red slip-on sandals.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave fresh cuts and silhouettes like Sarah Jessica Parker, Alexa Chung, and Liv Tyler.