Steven Alan Fall 2012
Our New York Fashion Week kickoff began this morning with Steven Alan. For Fall, the designer showed another batch of covetable casual-cum-cool offerings pairing his signature modern classic style with a bold touch of Mexican and folk influence. Full red skirts were paired with riding jackets and fedora hats and structured striped wool vests with slightly flared pants, and there was even a cute vintage-inspired tweed jumpsuit styled with a button-up blouse and cardigan. For a soft touch, the designer also supplied sweet peplum-embellished floral and striped dresses, plaid shirt dresses, and, for a little shine, black and gold brocade dresses and trousers. Read below for the complete breakdown, then check out the gallery to see the complete collection.
- Trends: Knee-length skirts, peplums, stripes, plaid.
- Colors: Gray, red, burgundy, brown, black.
- Key Piece: We loved the Mexican-inspired blazers and vests.
- Accessories: Wool fedora hats, oxfords, lace-up ankle boots, skinny belts, cozy tights, ankle-strap sandals.
- Who Would Wear It: Casual-cool girls like Kirsten Dunst and Alexa Chung.