Suno Spring 2013
As evidenced by a front row lined with fashion's heavy-hitters, like Jenna Lyons and Joanna Hillman, and icons like Lynn Yaeger and Bill Cunningham, it's clear that Suno has been on a steady rise since its 2009 beginnings. This season we got a new incarnation of Erin Beatty and Max Osterweis's prints — a quirky collection of stripes and delicate, silky florals, punctuated by louder blues, blacks, and purple accents — and even a quirky nod to technology. There was a softness and a sweetness in both the color palette and feminine layering — like a floral peplum to give shape to a midi skirt and a tomboy button-down. But where dainty flowers may border on country-chic, this rendition was crafted with the label's contemporary edge. It's not just the fact that the florals had a subtle metallic sheen, but an expertise in proportional play that took this lineup beyond any literal references to traditional Americana.
- Trends: Crop tops, stripes, florals, peplum, tunics.
- Colors: Soft blues, grays, peaches, with pops of purple, black, and bright blue.
- Key Piece: The floral crop tops and pencil skirts.
- Accessories: Embroidered, printed peep-toe booties.
- Who Should Wear It: Stylers with a quirky kind of charm; Solange Knowles, Elizabeth Olsen, and Kirsten Dunst.