Temperley London Spring 2013
For Spring '13, Alice Temperley took us to Morocco with a collection filled with beautiful prints, crisp blouses, and gorgeous sheer detailing. "It’s just more fun, more playful this season," said Temperley. "It’s less about the dress — which is obviously still a really key piece for us — but more about really great separates in high-quality fabrics, and the way you put them together." She did, however, kick off her show with a standout red gown gown featuring sheer striped detailing followed by billowy full skirts —showcasing vibrant multicolored Moroccan-inspired prints — paired with crisp white blouses, and knits with sheer striped skirts. The designer also showed off her penchant for embroidery on silk floral tops and jeweled tulle skirts. Then came the diaphanous gowns; a pale blue halter neck gown with a jewel-encrusted bodice practically floated down the runway, as did the sheer, formfitting gown with floral embroidery. Such fresh and feminine pieces — who wouldn't fall in love with this collection?
- Trends: Sheer details, full skirts, bold prints.
- Colors: Red, ice blue, sage, white, dark cobalt, black, ivory.
- Key Piece: The white Moroccan-inspired printed full skirt paired with the crisp white blouse = Spring perfection.
- Accessories: Wide brim hats, vintage sunglasses from Cutler and Gross, Charlotte Olympia platform sandals, Cornelia James gloves.
- Who Should Wear It: We'd love to see the sheer detailed gowns on Keira Knightley and front row attendee Poppy Delevingne; the full '50s-inspired skirts and blouse combos are right up Eva Mendes's style alley.