Delivering pretty bird prints and slick metallics with polish and restraint, Tibi's Amy Smilovic offered an understated, menswear-inspired take on Fall '12. Complete with cropped trousers and boxy boyfriend coats, Smilovic zeroed in on a borrowed-from-the-boys style with womanly wearability. Proportions were done just right, as were the designer's bird prints that felt more sophisticated than playful paired with a cool crop of flat ankle boots and perfectly fit knits. Suiting too was worked with easy sophistication — even her emerald green, bright cobalt, and metallic suit separates spoke to a more modern, minimalist sense, tempered in slim silhouettes. Smilovic tempers her femme offerings with the same style — dresses are cut from the same creamy fabrics and finished with the same accessibility.
- Trends: Menswear, metallics, leather, peplum.
- Colors: Black, white, emerald green, cobalt blue, burgundy.
- Key Piece: The creamy white v-neck sheath; the metallic pencil skirts and slouchy knit sweaters.
- Accessories: Flat white and black zip-up ankle boots; heeled calf-hair ankle boots.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls with an eye for modern classics; Olivia Palermo and Kate Bosworth would rock the ankle boots and cropped pants.