Tommy Hilfiger Spring 2012
Tommy Hilfiger's Spring 2012 was centered around the idea of what happens when preppy style and pop art meet, let's say, in the '60s. Classic shapes — shirt dresses, capes, cableknit sweaters, skinny pants, trenches — were given Warholian hues of pink and purple, and often colorblocked together. Menswear prints, like a custom bespoke check, were reimagined on nylon anoraks and shifts. Loose-fitting colorblock dresses, candy-colored leather separates, and polished tweed swing coats made for one fun, vivid runway show. We expected preppy, but this had a playful point of view, one that encouraged mix and match, and not taking preppy too literally. Don't miss Tommy giving preppy style tips in our interview with the designer.
- Trends: Pop art, preppy, '60s, anoraks, caftans, leather separates
- Colors: Mustard, red, purple, pink, blue, glen plaid
- Key Piece: Red leather shirt and skirt, the anoraks, a suede cape jacket
- Accessories: Platform loafers in bright colors
- Who Would Wear It: Classic preppy girls who want to have a little fun and give their look a retro spin.