Couture Fashion Week: Valentino
Gowns swathed in toile-inspired prints and soft, wallpaper florals hinted at Jane Austin era romance at Valentino. There's a distinctly feminine feel, and a hint of both Parisian decadence and Victorian propriety in the collars, bows, and capes that topped delicate silver-embellished gowns and sheer-topped confections. Everything feels emphatically pretty — the softness, the bow and floral-appliqué adornments; even the slipper-style loafers are done up in the same florals and details.
- Trends: Sheer, antique and toile-inspired florals, Victorian collars.
- Colors: White, cream, and soft pink, blue, and green.
- Key Look: The soft floral-print and embellished strapless gown; the creamy white shift.
- Accessories: Embellished and printed loafers.
- Who Would Wear It: Claire Danes, Kate Bosworth; the ultra-femme red-carpet beauties.