Citing Jane Birkin and 1960s Yves Saint Laurent as muses, Vera Wang offers up a Pre-Fall collection that's teeming with both the whimsical and the vintage — all while being totally grounded in a modern woman's aesthetic. Rife with textures and layers and dotted with full-bodied prints, Wang marries older references, like 16-button gloves, with newer purposes, like wearing those gloves as sleeves. Rich fabrications feel all the more wearable layered up from head to toe — for every wisp of a dress, she counters with ribbed knee socks, vests, and overcoats, giving us the downtown girl with a flair for Parisian polish.
- Trends: Layering, gloves as sleeves, sportswear, abstract prints.
- Colors: Gray, black, rich multihued prints, orange, purple.
- Key Look: The soft, purple print high-low dress and cropped gray jacket.
- Accessories: Gloves, knee socks, loafer pumps.
- Who Would Wear It: The modern femme.