Versus Fall 2012
For Versus Fall 2012, Donatella Versace and Christopher Kane took it to the streets of London, more specifically to the Camden underground scene. Translation: it's all about the tough girl with a confident punk attitude and a penchant for grittier, trippier silhouettes. Between the bright tie-dye prints and rocker-chick lace-up minidresses, we could tell that Versus was honing in on its playful spirit and younger edge. While the collection offered a solid lineup of minis, over-the-knee leather boots, shredded-front tees, and general punk-appropriate attire, there were also some super-structured leather outerwear that struck us as totally wearable, no matter your personal style preference. Although Donatella and Christopher combined rougher elements — rock music, teenage angst, and more — the result can be easily transitioned into a sexier cocktail look. See more Versus details below.
- Trends: Bright tie-dye-meets-ikat prints, lace-up minis, strong leather silhouettes, and rounded shoulders.
- Colors: Fuchsia, turquoise, yellow, black, burgundy, and midnight blue.
- Key Piece: The punk-rock minidresses that featured sequins, psychedelic prints, or lace-up details.
- Accessories: Boxy purses, over-the-knee leather rocker boots, and tough biker boots with colorful piping.
- Who Would Wear It: Ladies who aren't afraid of showing a little skin with more than just a little attitude, like Heidi Klum, Diane Kruger, and Mila Kunis.