We might be a few days out until the weekend but we're already planning our next sunny excursion. That said, the biggest thing to keep in mind when packing for a weekend away is that your pieces are versatile and interchangeable and can all potentially work together. Stick to a common color palette, like we've shown here, and when it comes to accessories, keep it simple: bring along a pair of tortoise shell sunglasses, a hat, and one stack of slim gold bangles that will go with everything. Pack some metallic sandals for daytime jaunts, and a fun pair of wedges for dinner and dancing — and whatever you do, don't forget your bikini.
See all the items you need to pack and get styling tips when you keep reading.
- Tucker Yoke Tank Top ($220): You'll need a floaty printed tank for daytime, and this one is sure to pretty up a pair of shorts.
- Anya Hindmarch Sonny Raffia Clutch ($900): Switch to this straw clutch when it's time to head out for the evening.
- Alex and Ani Smooth Russian-Gold Bangle Set ($78): These slim, stackable gold bangles will go with everything and look great against tan skin.
- BaubleBar Azure Triad Collar Necklace ($32): Wear this turquoise statement necklace with a dress come dinnertime.
- Mango Touch Wood Wedges ($60, originally $130): These leather wedges are comfortable enough to wear while walking around during the day and for drinks and dancing.
- Vince Ruffled Silk Maxi Dress ($345): A navy silk maxi dress can look chic and pulled together for day or night (especially when given a change of hair and makeup) and the best part? It won't wrinkle in your bag.
- Jimmy Choo Peachy Metallic Sandals ($375): Flat sandals are a must for hoofing it around town.
- Goorin Bros. The Don Straw Panama Hat ($140): Protect your face from the sun in style with this authentic Ecuadorian brisa straw hat.
- JETS by Jessika Allen Instinct Bikini ($255): Boost your beach or poolside style with this sexy, '50s-style printed bikini.
- Brooks Brothers Spago Dress Shirt ($49, originally $99): A lightweight topper like this chambray button-up can do double-duty; you can wear it buttoned up with shorts or tied at the waist over your dress.
- Vera Wang Retro Sunglasses ($300): Tortoise-shell shades go with absolutely everything and always look pinup-chic.
- J.Crew Four-Inch Chino Short ($45): Pack a pair of crisp white shorts to wear with your floral tank or button-up blouse.
- ModCloth Travel Bright Bag ($63): Stash all your weekend wear in this cool, colorful travel tote. Still in the market for a chic weekender? Just click over to shop our 15 editors' picks.